Local Mainer Michael W. Huard has just released his new sci-fi and fantasy novel Land of the Free.
The story is set in the far future via the 31st century. A powerful sisterhood of patriotic female martial artists fight for freedom in a dystopian society set in post apocalyptic advanced robotic America.
“I do not normally read dystopian science fiction, but I am glad I found this. Land of the Free is the most interesting novel I have read since The Maze Runner. Mr. Huard is clever when it comes to action and the realistic martial art moves — which makes sense because he teaches self-defense and martial arts for a living — and tosses in a robotic future. I would recommend this to many science fiction readers, those who love dystopian societies and comic book readers as well.”
— Demetrius Svette, DS & JM Reviews
To get the book go to amazon.com per this link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0784V4197/?tag=geolinker-20
- China Democratic Committee observes Earth Day Sunday, April 22, 2018
- KVCAP in need of volunteer drivers
- Melanie Clark receives MPA principals award
- Erskine Academy presents Renaissance awards
- New England champion recognized
- Americans for America rally set for April 14 in Augusta
- First places on first try
- Benton Father/daughter dance
- Erskine alumni Red Sox trip planned
- Kennebec Historical Society’s presentation