Local Mainer Michael W. Huard has just released his new sci-fi and fantasy novel Land of the Free.
The story is set in the far future via the 31st century. A powerful sisterhood of patriotic female martial artists fight for freedom in a dystopian society set in post apocalyptic advanced robotic America.
“I do not normally read dystopian science fiction, but I am glad I found this. Land of the Free is the most interesting novel I have read since The Maze Runner. Mr. Huard is clever when it comes to action and the realistic martial art moves — which makes sense because he teaches self-defense and martial arts for a living — and tosses in a robotic future. I would recommend this to many science fiction readers, those who love dystopian societies and comic book readers as well.”
— Demetrius Svette, DS & JM Reviews
To get the book go to amazon.com per this link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0784V4197/?tag=geolinker-20
- Vassalboro Community School Principal Dianna Gram retires after 24 years
- Public invited to China Town Manager’s retirement party
- Oldest Women’s Society to celebrate 200 years
- Before/After School students tour SAPPI
- Ball announces candidacy for Maine House
- Maine Antique Tractor Club to hold festival
- Roger Files graduates from virtual school
- Two generations of small business success in central Maine
- Fairfield veterans lay wreaths
- Fallen law enforcement officers remembered