China Baptist Church shares in sending gift filled shoe boxes to children around the world.
Operation Christmas Child is a part of the ministry of Samaritans Purse that delivers shoeboxes filled with school supplies, toys and other gifts to children all over the world. The goal this year is to share with 12 million children these gifts boxes filled and collected in churches and other organizations. Families at China Baptist Church have been filling and donating these shoeboxes for over 15 years. This year they collected and will be donating 33 boxes through the drop off center at Penny Memorial Baptist Church, in Augusta, which is a regional collection point. Every year Operation Christmas Child’s National Collection Week takes place the third week in November when nearly 5,000 drop-off locations are open across the country.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Budget committee accepts proposal to assume advisory role in investment decisions
- 2018 LOCAL TAX PAYMENT INFORMATION
- Cony graduate completes basic training
- Five questions, candidates on China’s November ballot
- TIF members hear about alewife restoration project
- Decisions postponed due to lack of quorum at planners’ meeting
- Erskine 5K Run/Walk 2018
- China projects to keep town crews busy
- China budget committee approves three spending measures to be on Nov. 6 ballot
- Three arrested in China car burglaries