China Baptist Church shares in sending gift filled shoe boxes to children around the world.
Operation Christmas Child is a part of the ministry of Samaritans Purse that delivers shoeboxes filled with school supplies, toys and other gifts to children all over the world. The goal this year is to share with 12 million children these gifts boxes filled and collected in churches and other organizations. Families at China Baptist Church have been filling and donating these shoeboxes for over 15 years. This year they collected and will be donating 33 boxes through the drop off center at Penny Memorial Baptist Church, in Augusta, which is a regional collection point. Every year Operation Christmas Child’s National Collection Week takes place the third week in November when nearly 5,000 drop-off locations are open across the country.
- TIF committee meets in light of town vote
- China: Selectmen deal with local issues; Farrington chosen chairman
- China News: Planning board directed to review Varneys’ request
- Christmas vacation activities released for China School’s Forest
- Girl Scouts bake pies for dinner
- China police log November 1 – 28 2016
- China News: Police report: traffic on Main St. too fast
- Bar Harbor Bank and Trust completes 28th annual community food drive
- China News: Selectmen approve all three requests from Thurston Park committee
- China Middle School first quarter honor roll