David LaFountain, retiring chief of both Waterville and Winslow fire departments, and Andrew Clark, chief of Albion Fire and Rescue, were both recipients of EMS Excellence Awards at a ceremony put on by Maine Emergency Medical Services, in Augusta, on May 23. EMS Excellence Awards recognize individuals for their contributions to the EMS system, either in their area or to the state as a whole. Senator Scott Cyrway (R-Kennebec) attended the awards ceremony, presenting both recipients with legislative sentiments recognizing their accomplishments. Timothy Beals, of Waterville, executive director of Delta Ambulance, was also an EMS Excellence Award recipient, but he was unable to attend the ceremony.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Area students on dean’s list at UNH
- Local youth meets favorite WWE star
- Local martial arts students claim title belts
- Waterville hosts regional Cal Ripken tourney
- Winslow Police announce promotions, new appointments
- Centenarian competes in golf tourney
- Winslow McDonald’s holds grand re-opening
- Andreozzi and Veilleux on dean’s list at Dean College
- Competition begins for Winslow teen
- Oldest Women’s Society to celebrate 200 years