Maine Connections Academy (MCA), the state’s first distance-learning charter school, announces 14 students who have been newly inducted into the school’s chapter of the National Honor Society (NHS). Locally, that list includes Lindsey Childs, an 11th grader from Palermo, and Madison Blodgett, a 10th grader from Norridgewock.
To be considered for NHS membership, students submitted a formal application and narrative, outlining their qualifications. Lindsey and Madison and the other MCA students were selected based on high academic standing, as well as demonstrated excellence in the areas of service, leadership and quality of character. They will be expected to work as a team as they participate in chapter meetings and complete a variety of service projects to benefit their communities.
Jessica Remmes-Davis is the National Honor Society Chapter Advisor at MCA. “I’m very proud of these students,” she said. “They show that going to a virtual school does not limit their opportunities to exhibit their qualities of scholarship and leadership.”
The National Honor Society (NHS) is the nation’s premier organization established to recognize outstanding high school students who have demonstrated excellence in the areas of scholarship, service, leadership, and character.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Local students named to fall dean’s list at Stonehill College
- Browne named to dean’s list at Coastal Carolina University
- Palermo School third trimester honor roll 2018
- Sheepscot Lake Association’s first boat parade
- Erskine Academy third trimester honor roll 2019
- Burnham named to dean’s list at Plymouth State
- Area students named to highly selective dean’s list at Colby College
- Seeking parents help to provide bus to Cony
- It’s Time to Order Peaches!
- Ryan Pellerin named to Springfield College dean’s list