The 35th Maine Maple Sunday will take place on Sunday, March 25. Sugarhouses throughout Maine will provide tours, free samples and demonstrations on the process of transforming maple sap into maple syrup. Locally, Raider’s Sugarhouse, located at 148 Bog Road, in China, will have an open house from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. A family operation, they are in their fourth year of producing quality maple syrup. Dress warm and wear boots as the sugarhouse is located about 500 feet from the main road via a tote road and is accessible only on foot. Restrooms are available. FMI: 968-2005.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Road Warriors
- How to take great pictures on your cell phone
- Letters to the Editor: Thanks for China Lake water quality
- Augusta’s Lincoln School benefits from Eagle Scout project
- Erskine Academy bus route schedule for 2018-19 school year
- Selectmen approve new schedule at transfer station
- Groundbreaking for new South China Library
- 2018 China Community Days: Program of Events
- Invasive plant patrol workshop on China Lake
- China throws retirement party for town manager