Dame Marie Fefa Deeb, of St. Joseph Maronite Church, in Waterville, was recently invested into the Order of St. Gregory the Great by Maronite Bishop Gregory of the Archdiocese of Brooklyn. This Papal Honor was bestowed upon the nomination of the Apostolic See. The order of St. Gregory the Great is one of five Pontifical Orders of Knighthood in the Catholic Church. It is bestowed on Catholic men and women in recognition of their service to the church, their community and country. A celebratory luncheon will be held on Sun., Sept. 16, following the 10 a.m. Liturgy at St. Joseph Parish Hall, 3 Appleton St., Waterville.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Cal Ripken baseball opener
- Theresa Gagne celebrates 100th birthday with family
- Putt 4 Cass slated for May 18
- Davis, Nicholson named chairman, vice chairman of Northern Light Inland Hospital board of directors
- Vassalboro, Winslow: Before/After program receives gold recognition
- Fight the Freeze campaign to help local children to stay warm
- The curtain closes on a holiday tradition — but the memories will last forever following final performance after 17 years
- Local trio cited at annual soccer banquet
- Kennebec retired educators provide necessities
- Annual Parade of Lights on tap for Friday