The China Lake Association has announced that Sherry McGinnis, on China Lake, has just won the coveted LakeSmart Award. Sherry has lived on the lake for 31 years. Her property has a strong buffer at the water front that still allows her to enjoy a great view of the lake. The Youth Conservation Corp added to the buffer several native plants and timbers in 2016. Thank you Sherry for protecting our lake! If you would like to schedule a visit from a LakeSmart Volunteer, please contact Marie Michaud at ChinaLakeSmart@gmail.com or call 207-242-2040.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- New Leos inducted at Erskine Academy
- Two local World War II Navy veterans remember
- Like it was yesterday
- CFAL to hold public meeting in November
- Jack Sylvester turns 80 years old
- Kudos to those who clean up our roadsides
- China resident named to financial stability oversight council
- China resident recognized at final school board meeting
- It’s time for pumpkin patches and corn mazes
- Cony graduate completes basic training