Melanie Clark, daughter of Dale and Julie Clark, of Anson, a senior at Carrabec High School, has been selected to receive the 2018 Principal’s Award, according to Principal Timothy Richards.
According to Richards, Clark has distinguished herself in the classroom, on the court, and as a leader in the school and the community. She has a positive attitude, is hard-working, kind, and humble, all of which will ensure her future success.
Melanie shines strong in sports at Carrabec as she applies that same enthusiasm and passion into basketball and softball, being captain in both. Clark is also a member of the National Honor Society, JMG, member of the Captains Club, a member of the Willpower Weightlifting Team, Youth in Maine Government, was a girls’ state delegate, and was February’s Student of the Month. Melanie also was the fall’s high school basketball coach.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Sisters are top two seniors at Carrabec H.S.
- I’M JUST CURIOUS: Watermelon ham and more fun
- Empty Bowls fundraiser to be held at Messalonskee
- Travis Mills to deliver Unity College 2019 commencement address
- Local students named to dean’s list at RIT
- Lions club hosts speaking competition
- Instructional coaching important part of RSU #18
- Four Seasons Club receives unexpected gift
- PALERMO: Window Dressers volunteers to provide demonstration
- Kennebec Historical Society to present “A History of Camp Keyes”