by Mary Grow
Vassalboro voters have chosen John Melrose to fill out the remainder of the late Philip Haines’ term on the Board of Selectmen.
In a three-way race, Melrose received 517 votes, Larisa Batchelder received 320 and Lewis Devoe received 169, according to Town Clerk Cathy Coyne.
Melrose, 66, chairs the Vassalboro Budget Committee and has extensive experience working with municipal issues on the regional and state level.
- Vassalboro Selectmen to hear CEO, act on ongoing town land use violations
- Vassalboro: Planners approve new business, home
- Vassalboro: Residents hear update on ARI from speakers
- Vassalboro selectmen’s meeting canceled; rescheduled to December 14
- Garage expansion OK’d by Vassalboro planners
- Vassalboro: Bad idea becomes good idea to school board members
- VASSALBORO: Selectmen OK talks with potential subdivision buyer
- Vassalboro: Garage expansion, doggie day care approved by planners
- CHINA: Belanger, MacFarland, Mills-Stevens win seats
- Three candidates vie for vacant selectman’s seat in Vassalboro