by Mary Grow
Vassalboro voters have chosen John Melrose to fill out the remainder of the late Philip Haines’ term on the Board of Selectmen.
In a three-way race, Melrose received 517 votes, Larisa Batchelder received 320 and Lewis Devoe received 169, according to Town Clerk Cathy Coyne.
Melrose, 66, chairs the Vassalboro Budget Committee and has extensive experience working with municipal issues on the regional and state level.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Board begins preliminary school budget review
- Selectmen choose to ditch single-sort recycling; instead, put all in trash compactor
- Vassalboro town manager new MMA president
- Manager directed to continue talks with CMP over LED street lighting
- Old items, new one, on selectmen’s agenda
- Vassalboro revised lease sent to historical society
- Vassalboro town manager incoming MMA president
- Law enforcement tops selectmen’s agenda
- School board members continue information sharing
- Relations among town departments seem to be running smoothly