Mon., May 27, starting 10 a.m. Line-up 9 a.m. at Garret Schenck School, in Anson. Memorial Day ceremony is also scheduled to begin at 1 p.m. at the Joseph Quirion Monument in East Madison; at 2 p.m. at the Starks Community Center, and at 3 p.m. at Madison VFW on Preble Ave.
Mon., May 27, Malcolm Glidden American Legion Post #163 will hold a Memorial Service at the Veterans Park on Turner Ridge Rd., at 9 a.m. Palermo Boy Scout Troop will participate. Refreshments will be available, following the ceremony at the post home.
Mon., May 27, 10 a.m. Line-up begins at 9:15 a.m. on Dyer St. Parade route begins at intersection of Dyer St. and Madison Ave., and turns left heading south towards downtown, then left onto Water St. and travel through downtown ending at Skowhegan Veterans Park. Dedication at the park will follow.
Mon., May 27, 10 a.m. to noon. Parade assembles at 9 a.m., at Head of Falls and ends at Veterans Memorial Park on Elm St.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Cub Scout Pack #482 raising funds for Boston Children’s Museum trip
- Madison Legion Auxiliary support community
- Scout donates cancer care packages to area patients
- Skowhegan to sponsor photo contest
- Skowhegan girl sings anthem at bridge dedication
- JMG students visit MCS library
- Local students named to Clarkson University dean’s list spring 2018
- Marti Stevens’ dream come true: a gem in our community
- Lions name speech contest winners
- Skowhegan library children’s section awarded grant