Kendall Arbour and Grace Stocco, both students at Messalonskee Middle School, in Oakland, visited the State House on February 20. During their visit they served as honorary pages in the Maine Senate and met with Senator Roger Katz (R-Kennebec).
The honorary page program, which is open for students from third grade through high school, gives students an opportunity to participate in the legislative process for one day’s session in either the House or Senate. For more information, please contact Senator Katz’ office at 207-287-1505.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Shine-on Oakland Day benefits food pantry
- Oakland alumni to hold 98th reunion
- Students named to Colby-Sawyer College dean’s list for Fall 2017
- Local students named to Clarkson University dean’s list spring 2018
- The many roles of RSU #18’s SROs
- Knight enrolled at St. Lawrence University
- Saige Knight enrolled at St. Lawrence University
- Students named to the U. of Vermont dean’s list
- Oakfest under sunny skies
- Students named to the UVermont dean’s list