On April 5, Sheriff Ryan Reardon, right, was officially sworn in as Kennebec County Sheriff, having been appointed by Governor Paul LePage. Reardon had been serving as acting sheriff since September 28, 2015, following the departure of former Sheriff Randall Liberty, who became Warden of the Maine State Prison. Administering the oath is former Speaker of the Maine House of Representatives Libby Mitchell, of Vassalboro, a dedimus judge. Reardon has been a law enforcement officer for 23 years serving with the Kennebec County Sheriff’s Office and the Waterville Police Department.
He resides in Oakland with his wife Kathy, and children Grady, Liam and Laney.
- Vassalboro selectmen to hear about LED lights; ARI update; department heads for budget discussions
- China selectmen meeting change due to holiday
- VASSALBORO: Planners approve two permit applications
- VASSALBORO: Town’s reserve funds likely not affected by stock market fluctuations
- China selectmen prepare warrant for budget committee review
- Branch Mills Dam project update
- CHINA: Town manager, selectmen set warrant for town meeting
- VASSALBORO: VBA to host ice fishing derby, indoor mountain bike races
- VASSALBORO: Selectmen to bid out new alewives harvest contract
- China planners to prepare a revised comprehensive plan