On April 5, Sheriff Ryan Reardon, right, was officially sworn in as Kennebec County Sheriff, having been appointed by Governor Paul LePage. Reardon had been serving as acting sheriff since September 28, 2015, following the departure of former Sheriff Randall Liberty, who became Warden of the Maine State Prison. Administering the oath is former Speaker of the Maine House of Representatives Libby Mitchell, of Vassalboro, a dedimus judge. Reardon has been a law enforcement officer for 23 years serving with the Kennebec County Sheriff’s Office and the Waterville Police Department.
He resides in Oakland with his wife Kathy, and children Grady, Liam and Laney.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Old items, new one, on selectmen’s agenda
- Furlong gets budget position; Wilkens to planning board
- Vassalboro revised lease sent to historical society
- LaVerdiere, Breton, Mills-Stevens win seats on board of selectmen
- Farrington given recognition plaque for years of service on board of selectmen
- Public works to get new tractor and attachments
- Four residents attend referendum public hearing
- Candidates state their positions on local issues at public forum
- New bridge construction
- Vassalboro town manager incoming MMA president