On April 5, Sheriff Ryan Reardon, right, was officially sworn in as Kennebec County Sheriff, having been appointed by Governor Paul LePage. Reardon had been serving as acting sheriff since September 28, 2015, following the departure of former Sheriff Randall Liberty, who became Warden of the Maine State Prison. Administering the oath is former Speaker of the Maine House of Representatives Libby Mitchell, of Vassalboro, a dedimus judge. Reardon has been a law enforcement officer for 23 years serving with the Kennebec County Sheriff’s Office and the Waterville Police Department.
He resides in Oakland with his wife Kathy, and children Grady, Liam and Laney.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Board begins preliminary school budget review
- Selectmen give thumbs down to request for food sovereignty ordinance
- Selectmen complete work on town meeting warrant
- Budget committee agrees with selectmen on all but two articles
- With no public in attendance, selectmen make short meeting of ordinance amendments
- China town clerk: Get funding reports in soon; late fee now in place for dog licenses
- Selectmen choose to ditch single-sort recycling; instead, put all in trash compactor
- TIF members approve proposed spending
- Town manager presents detailed budget proposal; Final resident input tentatively set for Feb. 5
- Selectmen give OK for appraisal on Bailey property