On April 5, Sheriff Ryan Reardon, right, was officially sworn in as Kennebec County Sheriff, having been appointed by Governor Paul LePage. Reardon had been serving as acting sheriff since September 28, 2015, following the departure of former Sheriff Randall Liberty, who became Warden of the Maine State Prison. Administering the oath is former Speaker of the Maine House of Representatives Libby Mitchell, of Vassalboro, a dedimus judge. Reardon has been a law enforcement officer for 23 years serving with the Kennebec County Sheriff’s Office and the Waterville Police Department.
He resides in Oakland with his wife Kathy, and children Grady, Liam and Laney.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Vassalboro public hearing planned for Brock Trailer Park
- Vassalboro planning board approves five applications
- Vassalboro residents learn about sewer expansion project
- China special meeting needed to settle final fiscal bills
- China bridge contract awarded to local contractor
- Road work scheduled in China
- Robbery at Bar Harbor Bank & Trust in South China
- China town manager retires after 22 years service
- China selectmen revisit fire pond issue
- Vassalboro board rejects request for reconsideration