On April 5, Sheriff Ryan Reardon, right, was officially sworn in as Kennebec County Sheriff, having been appointed by Governor Paul LePage. Reardon had been serving as acting sheriff since September 28, 2015, following the departure of former Sheriff Randall Liberty, who became Warden of the Maine State Prison. Administering the oath is former Speaker of the Maine House of Representatives Libby Mitchell, of Vassalboro, a dedimus judge. Reardon has been a law enforcement officer for 23 years serving with the Kennebec County Sheriff’s Office and the Waterville Police Department.
He resides in Oakland with his wife Kathy, and children Grady, Liam and Laney.
- Ranked choice voting explained, along with summary of people’s veto of RCV
- RSU #18 2018 budget hearing scheduled
- Julia candidate for Senate District #15 seat
- Vassalboro board of appeals gives farm stand go ahead
- Vassalboro auditor happy with town finances, but not the school’s
- China welcomes new town manager
- China resident named new Maine State Police chief
- China bicentennial committee to bury time capsule
- Cpl. Eugene Cole’s wife leads a charge for community
- Dennis Heath named new China town manager