Moderator of First Baptist Church, Sam Goddard, has announced David A. Rodrigue as its Interim Pastor.
Rodrigue, a native of Waterville and educated in Waterville and Winslow schools, currently resides in China with his wife Valma.
Rodrigue served in the United States Marine Corps during the Vietnam Conflict. A Marine for a total of 21 years, retired with the rank of Master Gunnery Sergeant. His occupation in the Marine Corps was telecommunications and data processing. Upon retirement from the Marines, Rodrigue was employed for 26 years by Maine state government.
Rodrigue has been a youth coach at various levels of Tiger Cub, Cub Scout and Boy Scout leader, and coached wrestling in New York and Maine.
Currently a member of the China Baptist Church, he served as its chairman of the Board of Trustees, board member of Board of Deacons, and Sunday School teacher. In addition, he has been clerk for the Kennebec Baptist Association and past president of the American Baptist Churches of Maine.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Dow poster contest winner 2019
- Lead drills at football clinic
- Davis, Nicholson named chairman, vice chairman of Northern Light Inland Hospital board of directors
- Vassalboro, Winslow: Before/After program receives gold recognition
- Local trio cited at annual soccer banquet
- Local fire chiefs cited
- Mid-Maine Chamber and KV Connect to host “Meet the Reps”
- Mt. View Chamber Singers to be featured in Winslow
- Fresh baked turkey pies coming this Saturday in Winslow
- Kringleville: A magical Christmas tradition