Nomination papers are now available for Vassalboro’s June 11 local elections. One Selectboard member and two School Board members are to be elected. Terms ending in 2019 are those of Selectman Lauchlin Titus and School Board members Jessica Clark and Kevin Levasseur.
To put a candidate’s name on the ballot, at least 25 but no more than 100 signatures of registered voters are required, and signed nomination papers must be returned to the town office by noon on Friday, Aporil 12.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Vassalboro selectmen wrap up financial matters as new fiscal year begins
- Guardrail topic generates heated discussion; Cotta resigns from TIF committee
- Selectmen unanimously approve fire departments stipend plan; to submit to state for review
- An inside look at local volunteer fire departments
- CHINA: Decisions on new excavator, Saturday hours postponed
- China receives DEP second round of grants for recycling and organics management initiatives
- Vassalboro selectmen discuss sewer expansion fundings, speeds on So. Stanley Hill Rd.
- Medical marijuana business reschedule; applicant absent
- June 2019 local election results (China, Vassalboro, Fairfield, Benton)
- China selectmen review bids for outdoor summer work