Oakland’s Oakfest was held on July 21 under sunny skies with live music all day by the Old Liberty String Band, Eric Lunt, E family and the Camp Manitou Band. Above, Trenton Clark, front, with his grandmother Cindy Potter, ride on the Flower Committee float. Below, the Young Americans Dance Center team members Emilee Arbo and Brooke Allen perform during the parade.
Photos by Mark Huard, owner Central Maine Photography
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Shine-on Oakland Day benefits food pantry
- Oakland alumni to hold 98th reunion
- Students named to Colby-Sawyer College dean’s list for Fall 2017
- Local students named to Clarkson University dean’s list spring 2018
- The many roles of RSU #18’s SROs
- Messalonskee Middle School students visit State House
- Knight enrolled at St. Lawrence University
- Saige Knight enrolled at St. Lawrence University
- Students named to the U. of Vermont dean’s list
- Students named to the UVermont dean’s list