The deadline for ordering Vidalia onions, fresh from the farm in Georgia, is fast approaching. April 27 is the last day to call Connie at 993-2294 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. These fresh, sweet beauties will be ready for pick up at the Palermo Community Center on Turner Ridge Road as of 8:30 a.m., on Saturday, May 6, as well as Sunday, May 7.
The onions are carefully packed into 25# boxes to prevent bruising on their express trip to Maine. The price is $27.00 per box. These onions keep up to 6 months, if they are kept in a cool place and not allowed to touch one another. Half boxes can be ordered for $16.00 a box (We have to buy boxes.). However, if you get together with friends and order four or more boxes, you get a discount of $2 per box. Recipes are available!
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- COMMUNITY COMMENTARY: Sheepscot Lake Association continues scientific monitoring of water quality
- Palermo residents win battle over Sheepscot Lake dam opening
- Palermo residents speak up about Sheepscot fishway
- Palermo & Montville: Voters weigh-in on state referendum questions
- Self defense, computer classes in Palermo
- PALERMO: Meet the Author series
- Racing Extinction in Palermo on April 28
- Cracking Your Genetic Code in Palermo
- Palermo: Election returns from Nov. 8
- Palermo Community Center celebrates 20 years