For safety’s sake, the Good Shepherd Food Bank, which contracts with local food pantries, has issued a policy that when schools are closed due to weather and road conditions, many of the area food pantries will also close. The Palermo Food Pantry, which is open every Tuesday from 11 a.m. to noon, will try to reschedule to Wednesday at the same time, at the Palermo Community Center. School closings are shown on the “crawler” at the bottom of the TV screen on the morning news on channels 5 and 8. If in doubt, please call Connie at 993-2294 or June at 993-2225 before 10 a.m.
The winter months are very hard on all of us, particularly when hungry children are involved. All of the food pantries are extremely grateful for donations of food and money, and appreciate your support of our friends and neighbors. The Palermo Food Pantry accepts donations of food on Tuesday mornings from 8 to 10 a.m., and monetary donations may be made out to the Living Communities Foundation, P.O. Box 151, Palermo 04354. Thank you so very much!
- Start seeds at the Palermo Community Center
- Time change on LD 922 legislative hearing
- Tucker Leonard earns Eagle Scout rank
- Memories of the Mill at Palermo Historical meeting
- Sugg participates in TREK program
- History of Kenway topic at Palermo Library
- Palermo Library book sale planned
- Palermo residents invited to discuss Sheepscot dam
- Fishy Photo: Striper Beauty
- Students named to the U. of Vermont dean’s list