For safety’s sake, the Good Shepherd Food Bank, which contracts with local food pantries, has issued a policy that when schools are closed due to weather and road conditions, many of the area food pantries will also close. The Palermo Food Pantry, which is open every Tuesday from 11 a.m. to noon, will try to reschedule to Wednesday at the same time, at the Palermo Community Center. School closings are shown on the “crawler” at the bottom of the TV screen on the morning news on channels 5 and 8. If in doubt, please call Connie at 993-2294 or June at 993-2225 before 10 a.m.
The winter months are very hard on all of us, particularly when hungry children are involved. All of the food pantries are extremely grateful for donations of food and money, and appreciate your support of our friends and neighbors. The Palermo Food Pantry accepts donations of food on Tuesday mornings from 8 to 10 a.m., and monetary donations may be made out to the Living Communities Foundation, P.O. Box 151, Palermo 04354. Thank you so very much!
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- “The Secret” to be unveiled in Palermo
- Palermo Legion holds annual awards ceremony
- Local couple takes trip to Alaska
- Palermo’s Branch Mills Grange hosts annual awards dinner
- Garbage Warrior tackles housing choices
- Last call for Jersey peaches!
- Update on Sheepscot Lake dam opening
- Palermo Scout earns Eagle status
- Ride the bus with us to Bible school
- Palermo School third trimester honor roll 2018