Article by Legion Financial Officer, Roger Blomquist
Photos Courtesy of Carol Blomquist and Nancy York
On September 18, American Legion Malcolm Glidden Post #163, in Palermo, held its annual Boys and Girls State Achievement Awards, and presented Certificates for Length of Service to Legion members and Ladies Auxiliary.
The formal ceremony awards and certificates were presented by Post Commander Clayton York; Sergeant at Arms Tony Horak; Ladies Auxiliary President Deana Stevens; and Chaplain Norma Shorey. Guests and recipients were offered refreshments and fresh baked goodies, prepared by the Ladies Auxiliary.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- PALERMO: Window Dressers volunteers to provide demonstration
- Fundraiser planned for Jacob Seigars
- Dinner and a movie returns to Palermo Community Center
- First time champ
- Palermo scouts meet military medal of honor recipient
- Community garden seeks seed money grant
- Sheriff to speak on scams
- “The Secret” to be unveiled in Palermo
- Local couple takes trip to Alaska
- Palermo’s Branch Mills Grange hosts annual awards dinner