The Palermo Community Library presents Sister Elizabeth Wagner, the award-winning author of Seasons in My Garden: Meditations from a Hermitage, on Sunday, April 30, at 2 p.m. She will disclose what led her to become a hermit and the founding of Transfiguration Hermitage, in Windsor.
In the prologue, Sr. Wagner writes: “I didn’t come to Maine gladly. In fact, I came kicking and screaming: ‘This is Siberia, Lord!’…I came to Maine because it was a place that I could earn a living in solitude… And yet for me, it felt as if I’d been exiled to Siberia.”
In her inspirational book, she reveals how her contemplative life of prayer, tending a garden and meditations, led her to a deeper understanding of the presence of God.
The Library is located at 2789 Route 3. For more information: call 993-6088 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Palermo Community Library offers Kindles, books, large print books, audio books, Inter-library loan, DVDs, VHS tapes, Wi-Fi, patron computers, printing, faxing, and ancestrylibrary.com! There is also a community room with a large screen TV available for meetings and presentations.
The Palermo Community Library is an all-volunteer library. If you would like to volunteer, please call 993-6088.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- COMMUNITY COMMENTARY: Sheepscot Lake Association continues scientific monitoring of water quality
- Palermo residents win battle over Sheepscot Lake dam opening
- Palermo residents speak up about Sheepscot fishway
- Palermo & Montville: Voters weigh-in on state referendum questions
- Self defense, computer classes in Palermo
- PALERMO: Order Vidalia Onions Now
- Racing Extinction in Palermo on April 28
- Cracking Your Genetic Code in Palermo
- Palermo: Election returns from Nov. 8
- Palermo Community Center celebrates 20 years