by Mark Huard
Downtown Waterville’s Annual Holiday parade held the evening after Thanksgiving has drawn thousands of families to Main Street for many years and serves as a fun and festive kickoff to the holiday season. The Children’s Discovery Museum is excited to be adopting this wonderful event. The museum has been a staple in the Central Maine Community for many years and will be relocating to a large space in Waterville in the spring of 2019.
While the staff of the Children’s Museum waits to open the doors of their new location, they are excited to be hosting such a wonderful family event for the community.
The 12th Annual Parade of Lights will be held on Friday, November 24, at 6 p.m. New this year floats will assemble at the Waterville Legion Parking Lot, at 21 College Ave., and travel down Main Street and continue to the Castonguay Square with the lighting of the giant spruce tree and Santa’s arrival at Kringleville. Central Maine Photography will be offering light up wands at the parade for anyone who is interested.
What a great time of year to get together and show our community spirit and support for one another.
Santa will visit with families and children on the following dates:
November 24 – after parade until 9 p.m.; December 2-3, 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.; December 9-10, 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.; December 16-17, 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.; December 20-22, 4 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Colby College students perform at ‘Jazz at Lincoln Center’
- Mount Merici Academy first trimester high honors
- Central Maine Squares to hold Toyland Dance
- ‘Parade of Lights’ kicks off Christmas season
- Waterville veterans day parade
- Season ski passes available for Quarry Road Trails
- Educators help to provide necessities for needy
- Area Students Enroll at Colby College Class of 2021
- Squares to meet in Waterville
- Hathaway Mill Antiques Grand Opening Celebrations in Waterville