In observance of the 10th anniversary of the creation of Corpus Christi Parish, which consists of the com-munities of Fairfield, Oakland, Vassalboro, Waterville and Winslow, a Family Fun Day was held on September 17, at St. John Regional Catholic School, in Winslow. Nearly 400 parishioners and friends attended the all-free outing. Also, the previous day, according to pastor Rev. Dan Baillargeon, over 35,000 pounds of e-waste was collected at Notre Dame Church, in Waterville, raising approximately $1,600 for the Catholic Charities fight against poverty in Maine.
Photo by Roland D. Hallee
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- 13th Annual Football Camp
- Four new CNAs ready for area nursing home staffing
- Erskine Academy bus route schedule for 2018-19 school year
- Mobile home replacement initiative now ongoing
- South China Library project breaks new ground
- UNH dean’s list for the Spring Semester 2018
- Selectmen approve new schedule at transfer station
- Groundbreaking for new South China Library
- Shine-on Oakland Day benefits food pantry
- 2018 China Community Days: Program of Events