Kaitlynn Pelletier, of Waterville, will march with the 2016 Pride of The Valley Marching Band, of Lebanon Valley College, in Annville, Pennsylvania. Pelletier, a graduate of Messalonskee High School, is pursuing a bachelor of science and bachelor of arts in music education and music at The Valley.
The marching band performs at all home football games as well as exhibitions including the Cavalcade of Bands Championships in Hershey, Pennsylvania, and the Collegiate Marching Band Festival held in Allentown, Pennsylvania.
During the upcoming football season, members of the 2016 Pride of The Valley Marching Band will present its show “Rhapsody.” The premise of this year’s show is to take three great pieces of music with the word ‘rhapsody’ in the name and make a great show. “Rhapsody” features music from and inspired by “Rhapsody in Blue,” by George Gershwin, “Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini,” by Sergei Rachmaninoff, and “Bohemian Rhapsody,” by Queen.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Superintendent satisfied with China schools condition
- RSU #18 2018 budget hearing scheduled
- China voters to decide RSU #18 bond issue
- Financial Fitness Fair held at Messalonskee High School: New Dimensions FCU hosts mission to provide financial education
- Students hold Saluting Our Veterans day at Messalonskee Middle School
- VASSALBORO: Planners approve three applications
- Selectmen, fire chiefs engage in heated debate over town funding
- CHINA: Comprehensive plan meeting at Erskine
- Selectmen sign proclamation for Municipal Clerks Week
- Selectmen sign warrant for June 3, 11 town meeting