For the second month in a row, Vassalboro Planning Board members commended the only applicants before them for a well-prepared application and approved it unanimously with only a brief discussion.
Susan B. and Al Traylor’s plan to enlarge their camp at 54 Birch Point Road, on Webber Pond, met Vassalboro’s shoreland requirements, board members agreed. The Traylors plan a bigger room and a new deck, with minimal earth-moving and no expansion toward the lake.
Normally, the next planning board meeting would be Nov. 6, the first Tuesday of the month. Because the Vassalboro town office meeting room will be used for voting that day and evening, board members rescheduled the meeting to Tuesday evening, Nov. 13.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Relations among town departments seem to be running smoothly
- Agreement approved with Hussey Communications to expand wireless internet
- Selectmen to open bids on tax-acquired lot; review emergency services, police
- Vassalboro selectmen postpone business due to chairman’s absence
- Better communication between agencies topic of Vassalboro selectmen’s meeting
- Vassalboro planners approve lone applicant
- Selectmen answer questions about recycling
- Webber Pond Association members tackle many subjects at annual meeting
- Selectmen set tax rate at 0.01545 mils
- Vassalboro selectmen to hold special meeting