The Nov. 25 China selectmen’s meeting opened with a proclamation by Town Manager Dennis Heath marking the day as “David Addis Herard Day” in honor of the late head of China Rescue. The manager summarized Herard’s many services to his town and his country and presented a certificate to his daughter, Kate Herard, who wiped away tears as she and others agreed her father would have enlivened the serious moment with a witty remark.
See Ron Maxwell’s tribute to David Herard here.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Maine politics: A conversation with five local legislators
- Bar Harbor Bank & Trust kicks off second annual Holiday Toy Drive
- Knights of Columbus change the colors at Bar Harbor Bank and Trust
- China Food Pantry thanks community
- Roxanne Malley inducted as Lion
- Induction ceremony held for Erskine Leos
- Buy an extra turkey for the China Food Pantry
- Erskine Leos raise money for Camp Sunshine
- Theresa Plaisted presented with Boston Post Cane in 2019
- Mourners pay tribute to local community anchor