INside the OUTside
by Dan Cassidy
Friends of Quarry Road, in Waterville, held its Opening Day Dedication of the Harold Alfond Snowmaking Center and Donor Recognition Sunday. Races for kids and men and women were held for Middle School races on 2.4 km, and all others over a 4.8 km course.
Several teams competed in Nordic race events that included Colby, Gould Academy, Bowdoin, Farmington Ski Club, University of Maine Farmington, and the Local Maine Ski Club. A group also came from Concord, New Hampshire.
The celebration was a way of thanking all of the people and organizations that helped make up the Quarry Road Trails.
Ski Free Days
The Quarry Road Trails are offering Community Ski Free Days. Save these dates, Saturday, January 16, Saturday, January 27 and Sunday, February 18, 2018. For additional information, e-mail quarryroad.org or call 207-680-4744.
After School Ski Programs
The Central Maine Ski Club is offering a learn to cross-country ski program to acquire ski skills, build fitness and have fun in the snow.
The program begins January 3 to February, 15, 2018, and will be available on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. For additional information log onto centralmaineskiclub.org or call 207-4467356.
It’s time to get out and play in the snow and enjoy the winter outdoors.
- Sugarloaf to launch Cat-skiing to Burnt Mountain
- Sunday River Mountain Park ready to open for the summer season
- Steamboat ski resort jewel in Colorado Rocky Mountains
- Skimo races coming to Maine ski areas
- INside the OUTside: Ski dumping grounds at area ski resorts
- A look at the top stories in The Town Line in 2017
- FOR YOUR HEALTH: Top Five Tips To Stay Fit This Holiday Season
- Give Us Your Best Shot!, Week of December 21, 2017
- Answer to Roland’s Trivia Question, Week of December 21, 2017
- SCORES & OUTDOORS: December, Christmas, Santa Claus and flying reindeer