INside the OUTside
by Dan Cassidy
Friends of Quarry Road, in Waterville, held its Opening Day Dedication of the Harold Alfond Snowmaking Center and Donor Recognition Sunday. Races for kids and men and women were held for Middle School races on 2.4 km, and all others over a 4.8 km course.
Several teams competed in Nordic race events that included Colby, Gould Academy, Bowdoin, Farmington Ski Club, University of Maine Farmington, and the Local Maine Ski Club. A group also came from Concord, New Hampshire.
The celebration was a way of thanking all of the people and organizations that helped make up the Quarry Road Trails.
Ski Free Days
The Quarry Road Trails are offering Community Ski Free Days. Save these dates, Saturday, January 16, Saturday, January 27 and Sunday, February 18, 2018. For additional information, e-mail quarryroad.org or call 207-680-4744.
After School Ski Programs
The Central Maine Ski Club is offering a learn to cross-country ski program to acquire ski skills, build fitness and have fun in the snow.
The program begins January 3 to February, 15, 2018, and will be available on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. For additional information log onto centralmaineskiclub.org or call 207-4467356.
It’s time to get out and play in the snow and enjoy the winter outdoors.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- INside the OUTside: Sugarloaf, Sunday River making plans for early snow season
- INside the OUTside: Maine ski resorts gearing up for the new season
- INside the OUTside: Ski dumping grounds at area ski resorts
- Sugarloaf to launch Cat-skiing to Burnt Mountain
- Sunday River Mountain Park ready to open for the summer season
- Steamboat ski resort jewel in Colorado Rocky Mountains
- Skimo races coming to Maine ski areas
- Widowmaker: a new mystery novel