A Disaster Action Team from the American Red Cross of Maine is working with a family of five Friday to ensure that they have food, a safe place to sleep and other essentials after a tree fell on their home, making it unhabitable.
Over the next several days, the Red Cross will remain in contact with the family to provide financial assistance and community referrals as they begin to make their road to recovery.
The American Red Cross provides food, clothing and emotional support to people affected by home fires and other disasters. Individuals wishing to support Red Cross Disaster Services can call (800) RED-CROSS or visit MaineRedCross.org.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Vassalboro’s Jobs for Maine Graduates (JMG Program) does it again!
- Rabies clinic benefits food pantry
- Sew for a Cause
- It’s time for pumpkin patches and corn mazes
- Notice of Webber Pond draw down
- Vassalboro Days 2018 schedule of events
- Fishy Photo: Nice trout caught at “hush-hush” pond
- VCS holds new pavilion ribbon cutting
- Lizotte receives recognition
- New community center opens in Vassalboro