A Disaster Action Team from the American Red Cross of Maine is working with a family of five Friday to ensure that they have food, a safe place to sleep and other essentials after a tree fell on their home, making it unhabitable.
Over the next several days, the Red Cross will remain in contact with the family to provide financial assistance and community referrals as they begin to make their road to recovery.
The American Red Cross provides food, clothing and emotional support to people affected by home fires and other disasters. Individuals wishing to support Red Cross Disaster Services can call (800) RED-CROSS or visit MaineRedCross.org.
- Save the Mill fundraiser reaches preliminary goal
- Maine Children’s Home seeks clothing donations; get a free haircut
- ARI to hold informational walk at Masse Sawmill
- Window inserts offer available for residents
- FAVOR meeting rescheduled
- Phil Haines, Vassalboro selectman succumbs to illness at 72 years old
- Scavenger hunt in Vassalboro
- VASSALBORO: Planners approve three applications
- Boat inspectors back in action
- VCS students pages for a day