On March 10, the Albert Church Brown Memorial Library hosted Dr. Pamela MacRae, who is the Dean of Biodiversity Conservation and Associate Professor of Sustainable Fisheries Management at Unity College. She made a very interesting and informative presentation on marine biology, local and global fisheries, and the impact of human activity on the health of the world’s marine life. Elements of her own research and that of students from Unity College were highlighted. In the photo, Dr. MacRae explaining different methods used in commercial fishing and the impact of climate change on local and global fisheries.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Grace Academy receives school supplies from BHBT
- Litter pick up volunteers recognized by selectmen
- Larry Kassman to speak at Albert Church Brown Library
- The 2020 census comes to central Maine
- No bounds too challenging; his odds were poor at best
- Central Church opens free coffee shop
- Erskine freshman wins Union Fair talent show
- Monroes awarded LakeSmart status
- Invasive Plants 101 workshop, held in China, well attended
- Author and registered Maine Guide to speak at the Albert Church Brown Memorial Library