On March 10, the Albert Church Brown Memorial Library hosted Dr. Pamela MacRae, who is the Dean of Biodiversity Conservation and Associate Professor of Sustainable Fisheries Management at Unity College. She made a very interesting and informative presentation on marine biology, local and global fisheries, and the impact of human activity on the health of the world’s marine life. Elements of her own research and that of students from Unity College were highlighted. In the photo, Dr. MacRae explaining different methods used in commercial fishing and the impact of climate change on local and global fisheries.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Second Saturdays Litter Clean-Up begins July 13
- China’s Lydia Gilman takes home a Young Stars of Maine award
- Celebrating high school graduation
- BHBT donates to Junior Achievement program
- Local athlete gathers more accolades
- China students at state house
- China survey on town office hours
- Nichole Lee promoted at BHBT
- COMMUNITY COMMENTARY: An opinion on emergency building
- Caught volunteering, again!