Two road projects are scheduled for work this summer in China.
A large culvert will be replaced on Rte. 3 between Rockwood Drive and Fieldstone Quikstop, in South China. The contractor will be F. C. Work & Son, Inc., of Jackson. There will be an on-site trailer in place. Residents and property owners adjacent to this project may contact Lewis Benner, the consultant resident representing the state of Maine Department of Transportation, by calling 242-2047 or via email, LBenner@kleinfelder.com. In the event he cannot be reached, you may contact Thomas Stevens at 592-4508.
The other project will involve the installation of rumble strips in the centerline of Rte. 3, from China to Belmont, beginning at the island northeast of the intersection with Rtes. 9 and 202, to the 40 mph sign west of Rte. 131, a total of 25.07 miles.
Should you have any questions regarding this project, you may contact the Department of Transportation representative to rumble strips, Stephen E. Bodge II, assistant program manager, by calling 441-6850.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- China budget committee acts on two proposed June expenditures
- Budget committee reviews updated draft of budget
- 2019 China town meeting: Selectmen, firemen get approval on stipend increases
- China prepares for annual town meeting
- Two TIF fund questions to be on warrant; assistant codes enforcement officer introduced
- TIF members discuss final details of revolving loan fund
- Wiand to receive official send off on campaign tour
- Heath explains redesigned town meeting warrant
- Nomination papers available in Vassalboro
- Selectmen agree to purchase property at head of lake