Roger Files, of Palermo, will graduate this month, with honors, from the eighth grade at the Connections Academy, a virtual school, headquartered in Portland. Roger was one of 13 students to receive an award as “Most Improved Students.” He was invited this year to participate in a pilot program named “Ten Marks,” in language arts. He will attend high school in the fall, at the same school.
Roger enjoys swimming and karate.
He is the son of Rachel Files, and the grandson of Valerie Files, all of Palermo.
- Palermo Historical Society holds open house for third graders
- PAGES in TIME – Palermo Christian Church: 50-year history
- China Transfer Station coordinator: Volunteers needed for Earth Day cleanup on April 21
- Coming of Age in Waldo County
- It’s Spring; time for Vidalia Onions!
- Dodgeball, basketball tourneys to benefit Jacob Seigars
- Two area boys meet “Gronk” at Barbara Bush Hospital
- Start seeds at the Palermo Community Center
- Palermo Food Pantry to reschedule when schools close
- Time change on LD 922 legislative hearing