Vassalboro Days is adding a Scavenger Hunt this year to the events planned for Saturday, September 9. Gather together a group of family and friends to make your Scavenger Team. The use of a cell phone to capture pictures is encouraged to record that your team members have scavenged and found all of the places and things that the organizers have placed on the list.
There is no cost to play! Teams will report to the Vassalboro Business Association booth Saturday morning, from 10-11 a.m., to obtain the Scavenger Hunt list. Teams will have until 5 p.m. Saturday to report back with their completed list of 20 sites or objects that they have scavenged in Vassalboro over the course of the day.
The point system will be moderately complicated (in a fun way!). Points will be given for the number of people in your team. Judges will award points for both style, and a demonstration of having fun which contestants will convey with their pictures. A bus will be available at 2 p.m. to take team members (children must be accompanied by an adult) to sites that are outside of the village areas. Prizes will be three $25 awards and a Ducky Derby Hat for all team members. Call Lauchlin Titus, 207 314-2655 with questions or for more details.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Fishy Photo: Nice trout caught at “hush-hush” pond
- VCS holds new pavilion ribbon cutting
- Lizotte receives recognition
- New community center opens in Vassalboro
- Vassalboro Community School Principal Dianna Gram retires after 24 years
- Before/After School students tour SAPPI
- 47 Daisies’ mission to provide healthier food
- Senior Services Fair first event at renovated church
- Dubois, Grass and Veilleux on Dean College dean’s list
- Worcester Polytechnic Institute announces fall 2017 dean’s list