Vassalboro Days is adding a Scavenger Hunt this year to the events planned for Saturday, September 9. Gather together a group of family and friends to make your Scavenger Team. The use of a cell phone to capture pictures is encouraged to record that your team members have scavenged and found all of the places and things that the organizers have placed on the list.
There is no cost to play! Teams will report to the Vassalboro Business Association booth Saturday morning, from 10-11 a.m., to obtain the Scavenger Hunt list. Teams will have until 5 p.m. Saturday to report back with their completed list of 20 sites or objects that they have scavenged in Vassalboro over the course of the day.
The point system will be moderately complicated (in a fun way!). Points will be given for the number of people in your team. Judges will award points for both style, and a demonstration of having fun which contestants will convey with their pictures. A bus will be available at 2 p.m. to take team members (children must be accompanied by an adult) to sites that are outside of the village areas. Prizes will be three $25 awards and a Ducky Derby Hat for all team members. Call Lauchlin Titus, 207 314-2655 with questions or for more details.
- Maine Children’s Home seeks clothing donations; get a free haircut
- ARI to hold informational walk at Masse Sawmill
- Window inserts offer available for residents
- FAVOR meeting rescheduled
- Phil Haines, Vassalboro selectman succumbs to illness at 72 years old
- Red Cross helping Vassalboro family
- VASSALBORO: Planners approve three applications
- Boat inspectors back in action
- VCS students pages for a day
- Vassalboro educator takes part in space camp