The Jan. 22 China selectmen’s meeting, scheduled for 7 p.m., will be preceded by a 6:30 p.m. meeting of the Revolving Loan Fund (RLF) subcommittee of the Tax Increment Financing (TIF) Committee. Both meetings will be in the town office.
The RLF subcommittee is meeting to approve an agreement with the Kennebec Valley Council of Governments to administer China’s revolving loan fund. The fund uses money from China’s TIF program for small auxiliary loans to help start or expand local businesses.
The full TIF Committee is tentatively scheduled to meet Monday evening, Jan. 29.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Report from the transfer station
- Planners approve town’s first medical marijuana storefront
- China Lake Association holds annual meeting
- Groundbreaking for new South China Library
- Planners OK McCormick plan at former diesel truck facility for offices, farmers & flea markets
- TIF committee wants more info before expanding broadband coverage
- China town manager presents several proposals to selectmen
- China company retains contract for bridge replacement at the head of China lake
- Bog Brook culvert replacement set to begin in August
- China special meeting needed to settle final fiscal bills