The Jan. 22 China selectmen’s meeting, scheduled for 7 p.m., will be preceded by a 6:30 p.m. meeting of the Revolving Loan Fund (RLF) subcommittee of the Tax Increment Financing (TIF) Committee. Both meetings will be in the town office.
The RLF subcommittee is meeting to approve an agreement with the Kennebec Valley Council of Governments to administer China’s revolving loan fund. The fund uses money from China’s TIF program for small auxiliary loans to help start or expand local businesses.
The full TIF Committee is tentatively scheduled to meet Monday evening, Jan. 29.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Planning board to hold public hearing on ordinance changes
- Selectmen presented with preliminary warrant
- Board denies reduced valuation to ReVision Energy
- Manager presents proposed 2019 budget at meeting
- Selectmen discuss public works, transfer station at length
- China planning board reschedules meeting
- Manager meets with four committee chairmen
- Board not sure solar farm properly assessed
- Selectmen need more info on emergency dispatching
- Codes apprentice position to be re-advertised