St. Bridget Center, 864 Main St., North Vassalboro, will be hosting charity sewing on November 1, 15, 29 and December 15 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Volunteers can come for part of the day or the whole day. The group will focus on making lap quilts and pillow cases to give to area charities. You don’t need to know how to sew to participate. If you can cut, iron, sort and/or make phone calls, you are welcome to participate. Future projects will be pajama pants, fleece hats and mittens, quilted shawls and newborn items.
For more information email StBridgetCenter@gmail.com or check St. Bridget Center Facebook page. If you would like to donate cotton, fleece, flannel, velcro or thread, contact St. Bridget Center at 616-3148.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Vassalboro’s Jobs for Maine Graduates (JMG Program) does it again!
- Rabies clinic benefits food pantry
- It’s time for pumpkin patches and corn mazes
- Notice of Webber Pond draw down
- Vassalboro Days 2018 schedule of events
- Fishy Photo: Nice trout caught at “hush-hush” pond
- VCS holds new pavilion ribbon cutting
- Lizotte receives recognition
- New community center opens in Vassalboro
- Vassalboro Community School Principal Dianna Gram retires after 24 years