Southern Maine Association of Shakespearean Homeschoolers (SMASH) is a small theater group comprised of home school families who come together from the far reaches of central Maine. This year, the group is celebrating its 25th anniversary with the play Much Ado About Nothing. Students have been meeting to rehearse every Monday and Friday since the new year.
The program was founded by Pastor Samuel Richards, of Winthrop.
Show times are on Thursday & Friday, March 22 & 23 at 6:30 p.m., with a matinée on Saturday, March 24 at 2 p.m. All shows are performed at historic Cumston Hall in downtown Monmouth, 796 Main Street.
- Vassalboro Community School Principal Dianna Gram retires after 24 years
- Public invited to China Town Manager’s retirement party
- Oldest Women’s Society to celebrate 200 years
- Before/After School students tour SAPPI
- Ball announces candidacy for Maine House
- Maine Antique Tractor Club to hold festival
- Roger Files graduates from virtual school
- Two generations of small business success in central Maine
- Fairfield veterans lay wreaths
- Fallen law enforcement officers remembered