Christine LaVerdiere, FNP, will be joining the medical team at Sheepscot Valley Health Center this summer to provide healthcare to the community. Sheepscot patients may recognize Christine as she participated in her final student rotation at the health center this winter while completing the Family Nurse Practitioner program at University of Southern Maine. Christine brings over 10 years of experience as a critical care registered nurse in hospital settings. In 2004, she obtained a bachelor of nursing degree from St. Joseph’s College, in Standish. Her areas of clinical interest include family health promotion and disease prevention.
Christine will be joining physicians Roy Miller and Kathryn Wistar, family nurse practitioners Amber Shepherd and Ashley Hamilton-Ellis, and physician assistant Shannon DeLong. The health center offers primary care to 4,000 people of all ages from Coopers Mills, Jefferson, Somerville, Washington, Whitefield, Windsor and surrounding communities. In addition, established patients obtain podiatry, behavioral health, and adult psychiatric medication management services on site at the health center.
Sheepscot Valley Health Center is part of HealthReach Community Health Centers, a group of eleven Federally Qualified Health Centers in Central and Western Maine. Dedicated providers deliver high quality medical and behavioral health care to citizens in over 80 rural communities. To ensure access for everyone, HealthReach accepts Medicare, MaineCare and major insurances. In addition, an Affordable Care Program is available to uninsured and underinsured residents as well as assistance with applications for programs that help with the cost of healthcare and medications including the Health Insurance Marketplace. A private, non-profit with a 41-year history, HealthReach is funded by patient fees, grants and individual donations.
- Palermo principal to retire
- PAGES in TIME – Palermo Christian Church: 50-year history
- China Transfer Station coordinator: Volunteers needed for Earth Day cleanup on April 21
- Palermo residents win battle over Sheepscot Lake dam opening
- Coming of Age in Waldo County
- It’s Spring; time for Vidalia Onions!
- OPINION: Proponents of LD922 uninformed, not concerned
- COMMUNITY COMMENTARY: Slippery facts on Sheepscot Pond re-introduction of species
- Dodgeball, basketball tourneys to benefit Jacob Seigars
- Palermo residents speak up about Sheepscot fishway