Hallowell bookseller John Merrill is downsizing and moving to 110 Water Street in Hallowell. He has generously donated books to the Kennebec Historical Society’s annual Spring Book Sale. However, as the donation filled more than 65 boxes, there will be three sales in the garage at the Society headquarters, 107 Winthrop Street, Augusta: May 19, May 26, and June 2. The sales will take place from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. There will be more than 1,000 hardback and paperback books at each sale. Subjects include fiction, biography, history, travel, business, china and porcelain, children’s books, and many more. The hardbacks and trade paperbacks will sell for $1 and regular paperbacks for 50 cents. Starting at 1 p.m., all books will be reduced to $1 a bag. For more information, call 622-7718.
- Julia candidate for Senate District #15 seat
- Square dancers engage in workshops
- Maine-ly Harmony elects officers
- The tragic story of Father Rasle at Kennebec Historical Society
- Fun learning for local students at Russian sampler
- Retired educators to hold meeting
- BBBS registering teams for “Bowl for Kids’ Sake”