Local square dancers were able to participate in two separate weekends of square dancing in the month of March. The weekend of March 2 – 3, saw the dancers heading to South Burlington, Vermont, for the annual Maple Sugar Dance Festival. There were many workshops for the various levels of square dancing along with different workshops for Round Dancing. They had a hall for class/mainstream, plus, A-1, A-2, and C, with round dancing in the plus hall. There were approximately 200 dancers in attendance.
On the weekend of March 16 – 18, they had the opportunity to attend the St. Patrick’s Day festival put on by the Sage Square Dance Club, of Brunswick. This event was held in Old Orchard Beach in an area called Ocean Park. With workshops Saturday morning and afternoon and a full dance Saturday night, it was a full day of dancing pleasure. Then on Sunday morning they got together for two more hours of fun dancing before leaving for home. They had almost 100 dancers gathered for this annual event.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Maine-ly Harmony elects officers
- The tragic story of Father Rasle at Kennebec Historical Society
- Retired educators to hold meeting
- Update on Sheepscot Lake dam opening
- Fishy Photo: Nice trout caught at “hush-hush” pond
- Local youth meets favorite WWE star
- Local martial arts students claim title belts
- Waterville hosts regional Cal Ripken tourney
- Palermo Scout earns Eagle status
- Ride the bus with us to Bible school