Local square dancers were able to participate in two separate weekends of square dancing in the month of March. The weekend of March 2 – 3, saw the dancers heading to South Burlington, Vermont, for the annual Maple Sugar Dance Festival. There were many workshops for the various levels of square dancing along with different workshops for Round Dancing. They had a hall for class/mainstream, plus, A-1, A-2, and C, with round dancing in the plus hall. There were approximately 200 dancers in attendance.
On the weekend of March 16 – 18, they had the opportunity to attend the St. Patrick’s Day festival put on by the Sage Square Dance Club, of Brunswick. This event was held in Old Orchard Beach in an area called Ocean Park. With workshops Saturday morning and afternoon and a full dance Saturday night, it was a full day of dancing pleasure. Then on Sunday morning they got together for two more hours of fun dancing before leaving for home. They had almost 100 dancers gathered for this annual event.
- Maine-ly Harmony elects officers
- The tragic story of Father Rasle at Kennebec Historical Society
- Retired educators to hold meeting
- Fishy photo: Hunter scores!
- China Post Office food drive a success
- Dubois, Grass and Veilleux on Dean College dean’s list
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Jefferson Food Pantry thanks community
- Julia candidate for Senate District #15 seat
- China for a Lifetime Committee official 2017 survey results
- CHINA: Thurston Park committee to sponsor photo contest