On April 6, Senator Scott Cyrway (R-Kennebec) welcomed Kiara Carr, of Fairfield, and her family to the State House. During her visit, Kiara was presented with a Legislative Sentiment recognizing her achievement of scoring 1,433 points as a member of Temple Academy’s girls basketball team.
“During her junior year, Kiara joined an elite group of Maine student-athletes who have reached 1,000 cumulative points in their high school career,” said Sen. Cyrway. “Kiara was not done there. By the end of this past season, Kiara had reached 1,433 points! This is incredible.
“There is no doubt that Kiara is an extremely talented athlete. The amount of time and dedication that it would take one to reach such an accomplishment must be very great. And Kiara was able to reach this achievement, all while balancing the demands of her school work and other extra-curricular activities.
“I’m so proud to have such a talented student-athlete in my district. Congratulations to Kiara and best wishes as she makes her future plans!”
- Guitar concert benefit foundation
- King named to NEWMAC All Sportsmanship team
- Annual Warming up for Christmas to benefit local ShineOnCass foundation
- Senior night at Lawrence High School
- Vivian Field receives Fairfield’s Boston Post Cane
- Patriots linebacker greets local fans
- Violette earns academic merit scholarship to Delaware Valley U.
- Carrabec honor roll
- Honoring those who served in WWI
- Legion Auxiliary supports local youth