At the annual town meeting held at the Vassalboro Community School on Monday, June 3, 2019, Chairman Lauchlin Titus, of the Vassalboro Board of Selectmen, presented the 2019 Annual Spirit of America Award to Mary Grow to honor her for her commitment to exemplary local journalism as demonstrated by her years of dedicated attendance at Vassalboro board meetings, and reporting on Vassalboro activities and events to the public. The Spirit of America Foundation Tribute is presented in the name of Maine municipalities to local individuals, organizations and projects for commendable community service.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Tickets available for Vassalboro fishing derby
- Vassalboro, Winslow: After-School programs win award
- Sew For A Cause returns in January
- Maine politics: A conversation with five local legislators
- Mt. View Chamber Singers to be featured in Winslow
- Don Cote recognized for work at wildlife center
- Vassalboro American Legion holds veterans open house
- Eagle Scout candidate organizes work day
- JMG Students do planting at dam area
- Reynolds observe 50th anniversary