The Walk To End Hunger, organized by the Maine State Credit Union, took place on April 28 and was a success, according to organizers. Volunteers, seven teenagers and two adults, walked to represent the China Community Food Pantry. Because of the generous support of community people, they raised $725. This money will enable them to purchase much needed food. The food pantry staff thanks all who came out to support the food pantry with money donations, food items and clothing.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Invasive plant patrol workshop on China Lake
- China throws retirement party for town manager
- LakeSmart on China Lake now ready for inspections
- Gifted Sisters
- Public invited to China Town Manager’s retirement party
- Several day camps to be offered at China School Forest this summer
- China Post Office food drive a success
- China for a Lifetime Committee official 2017 survey results
- CHINA: Thurston Park committee to sponsor photo contest
- China filmmaker to present documentary on Kosovo with “A Cup of Sugar” at Railroad Square Cinema