The Walk To End Hunger, organized by the Maine State Credit Union, took place on April 28 and was a success, according to organizers. Volunteers, seven teenagers and two adults, walked to represent the China Community Food Pantry. Because of the generous support of community people, they raised $725. This money will enable them to purchase much needed food. The food pantry staff thanks all who came out to support the food pantry with money donations, food items and clothing.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- New Leos inducted at Erskine Academy
- Two local World War II Navy veterans remember
- Like it was yesterday
- CFAL to hold public meeting in November
- Jack Sylvester turns 80 years old
- Kudos to those who clean up our roadsides
- China resident named to financial stability oversight council
- China resident recognized at final school board meeting
- It’s time for pumpkin patches and corn mazes
- Cony graduate completes basic training