China’s Tax Increment Financing (TIF) Committee canceled the meeting scheduled for Oct. 10. The committee’s next meeting will be at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday evening, Nov. 9, in the town office. Updated plans for improved boating and fishing access at the head of China Lake’s east basin will be a major agenda agenda item. A question on China’s Nov. 8 local ballot asks voters to appropriate funds to buy a parcel of land as part of the project.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Four Seasons Club receives unexpected gift
- China scouts officiate at morning worship
- Selectmen give thumbs down to request for food sovereignty ordinance
- Selectmen complete work on town meeting warrant
- Budget committee agrees with selectmen on all but two articles
- Becky Hapgood honored for 25 years service to China
- With no public in attendance, selectmen make short meeting of ordinance amendments
- China town clerk: Get funding reports in soon; late fee now in place for dog licenses
- TIF members approve proposed spending
- Town manager presents detailed budget proposal; Final resident input tentatively set for Feb. 5