The Town Line newspaper, a nonprofit committed to serving area communities, has been selected as a beneficiary of the Hannaford Helps Reusable Bag Program for the month of February.
The Hannaford Reusable Bag Program launched in October 2015 and is designed to support local nonprofits through the sale of the reusable Cause bags.
The Town Line was selected by Hannaford store leadership as the February beneficiary of the program at the South China Hannaford store. For every reusable Cause bag purchased at the South China Hannaford during February 2018, The Town Line will receive a $1 donation.
Founded in 1989, and based in South China, The Town Line’s vision is to enhance the quality of life, to create a vibrant rural community connecting area towns, organizations and individuals through communication, education, and public dialogue. It is also The Town Line’s mission to build good community relations, and publish a weekly, non-partisan and balanced newspaper.
Managing editor Roland Hallee expressed delight in being chosen: “With the help of Hannaford, we can continue in our goal to provide area towns with a quality weekly newspaper that is both informational and educational to its citizens, and at the same time, help in our never-ending challenge of raising the funds to continue in our mission.”
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- 13th Annual Football Camp
- Four new CNAs ready for area nursing home staffing
- Erskine Academy bus route schedule for 2018-19 school year
- Mobile home replacement initiative now ongoing
- South China Library project breaks new ground
- UNH dean’s list for the Spring Semester 2018
- Selectmen approve new schedule at transfer station
- Groundbreaking for new South China Library
- Shine-on Oakland Day benefits food pantry
- 2018 China Community Days: Program of Events