On October 8, 2017, Tucker Leonard completed his Eagle Project at the Palermo Grammar School. As a member of China Boy Scout Troop #479, Tucker’s project was to select a space on the trails in back of the school to clear an area for an outdoor class. He selected the area after meeting a teacher from the school, marked the trees to cut. Trees were cut and the firewood was carried out to donate while the brush was dragged into the woods. The location of the tables were selected and raked. The many pieces of the tables were carried into the selected locations across the rough trail. The five tables were then built and placed on pads. Thanks to all the Scouts, leaders and parents that came early in the morning to work in a light rain under his leadership. The school, students, town residents and parents should be very pleased with the results, according to Ron Emery, advancement chairman for Troop #479.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- “The Secret” to be unveiled in Palermo
- Palermo Legion holds annual awards ceremony
- Local couple takes trip to Alaska
- Palermo’s Branch Mills Grange hosts annual awards dinner
- Garbage Warrior tackles housing choices
- Last call for Jersey peaches!
- Update on Sheepscot Lake dam opening
- Palermo Scout earns Eagle status
- Ride the bus with us to Bible school
- Palermo School third trimester honor roll 2018