On October 8, 2017, Tucker Leonard completed his Eagle Project at the Palermo Grammar School. As a member of China Boy Scout Troop #479, Tucker’s project was to select a space on the trails in back of the school to clear an area for an outdoor class. He selected the area after meeting a teacher from the school, marked the trees to cut. Trees were cut and the firewood was carried out to donate while the brush was dragged into the woods. The location of the tables were selected and raked. The many pieces of the tables were carried into the selected locations across the rough trail. The five tables were then built and placed on pads. Thanks to all the Scouts, leaders and parents that came early in the morning to work in a light rain under his leadership. The school, students, town residents and parents should be very pleased with the results, according to Ron Emery, advancement chairman for Troop #479.
- It’s Spring; time for Vidalia Onions!
- Dodgeball, basketball tourneys to benefit Jacob Seigars
- Two area boys meet “Gronk” at Barbara Bush Hospital
- Start seeds at the Palermo Community Center
- Palermo Food Pantry to reschedule when schools close
- Time change on LD 922 legislative hearing
- Memories of the Mill at Palermo Historical meeting
- Sugg participates in TREK program
- History of Kenway topic at Palermo Library
- Palermo Library book sale planned