On April 1, AFC completed the acquisition of the fuel/propane and service segments of J&S Oil, Inc., of Manchester.
“We have a tremendous amount of respect for what the J&S team has built over the years. They have been a trusted member of the Augusta and Winslow communities and we intend to carry on that legacy,” assured Marc V. Lacasse, AFC President and CEO. “We are very excited to begin working with the excellent staff and wonderful customers that J&S has created relationships with over the last 44 years.”
J&S offices on Western Avenue, in Manchester, and Augusta Road, in Winslow, will continue to operate as usual with the same staff customers have come to know and trust over the years. AFC also operates their main office on Northern Avenue, in Augusta, and a satellite office on Mutton Lane, in Clinton.
AFC has served the greater Augusta area since 1888. Their mission is to provide the best home and commercial comfort solutions with a professionalism and reliability that is unmatched. They currently deliver oil, kerosene, propane and commercial fuel products and provide heating, plumbing, cooling and electrical services and installations – 24/7/365 – to Central Maine. More information can be found at afccomfort.com.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Relations among town departments seem to be running smoothly
- Spectrum to raise residential video service rates
- Budget committee accepts proposal to assume advisory role in investment decisions
- Agreement approved with Hussey Communications to expand wireless internet
- Planners approve camp expansion on Webber Pond
- Selectmen to open bids on tax-acquired lot; review emergency services, police
- Vassalboro selectmen postpone business due to chairman’s absence
- Five questions, candidates on China’s November ballot
- TIF members hear about alewife restoration project
- Decisions postponed due to lack of quorum at planners’ meeting