On April 1, AFC completed the acquisition of the fuel/propane and service segments of J&S Oil, Inc., of Manchester.
“We have a tremendous amount of respect for what the J&S team has built over the years. They have been a trusted member of the Augusta and Winslow communities and we intend to carry on that legacy,” assured Marc V. Lacasse, AFC President and CEO. “We are very excited to begin working with the excellent staff and wonderful customers that J&S has created relationships with over the last 44 years.”
J&S offices on Western Avenue, in Manchester, and Augusta Road, in Winslow, will continue to operate as usual with the same staff customers have come to know and trust over the years. AFC also operates their main office on Northern Avenue, in Augusta, and a satellite office on Mutton Lane, in Clinton.
AFC has served the greater Augusta area since 1888. Their mission is to provide the best home and commercial comfort solutions with a professionalism and reliability that is unmatched. They currently deliver oil, kerosene, propane and commercial fuel products and provide heating, plumbing, cooling and electrical services and installations – 24/7/365 – to Central Maine. More information can be found at afccomfort.com.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Report from the transfer station
- Selectmen set tax rate at 0.01545 mils
- Planners approve town’s first medical marijuana storefront
- COMMUNITY COMMENTARY: Sheepscot Lake Association continues scientific monitoring of water quality
- China Lake Association holds annual meeting
- Groundbreaking for new South China Library
- Planners OK McCormick plan at former diesel truck facility for offices, farmers & flea markets
- TIF committee wants more info before expanding broadband coverage
- Vassalboro selectmen to hold special meeting
- China town manager presents several proposals to selectmen