Comprehensive Land Technologies (CLT) continues its work on the bridge replacement on the Causeway at the Head of the Lake.
In its weekly report to China Town Manager Dennis Heath, they reported they have completely exposed the timber mat and have begun installation of the stone mat. Because of overnight rain, the water level upstream had risen and the area needed to be pumped down.
The stone mat was observed and appeared that things were being constructed in accordance with the design drawings.
The limits of the timber mat were discovered, and it was only found within the footprint of the old bridge. It was decided the stone mat needed to be two feet thick in all areas outside the timber mat. A surveyor was brought in to verify elevations and layout limits of the excavation.
According to CLT Superintendent Brooks Dow, erosion and sedimentation controls continued to function in the same manner as before. CLT was pumping water from the excavation into the sediment basin and filtered water was sheeting back into the pond on the upstream side of the bridge.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- China resident Fred Wiand’s presidential campaign gets send off from supporters
- Vassalboro selectmen review almost-final warrant draft
- CHINA: Decisions will impact recycling, town funding and mass communications
- China budget committee acts on two proposed June expenditures
- Budget committee reviews updated draft of budget
- 2019 China town meeting: Selectmen, firemen get approval on stipend increases
- China prepares for annual town meeting
- Two TIF fund questions to be on warrant; assistant codes enforcement officer introduced
- TIF members discuss final details of revolving loan fund
- Wiand to receive official send off on campaign tour