The Vassalboro Community School, the Vassalboro Public Library and the East Vassalboro Grange are hosting a Summer Reading Festival on Saturday, June 3, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Activities will be at the East Vassalboro Grange and the Vassalboro Public Library.
The schedule is as follows:
10 a.m. – 4 p.m.: Scholastic Buy One-Get One Free book sale (Grange)
10 a.m.: Sheriff’s Dept. fingerprinting talk & demonstration. (Library)
11 a.m.: Craft featuring Home Depot Kid Kits (Grange) & Story Time with Guest Reader, Sarah Sugden, Director Waterville Public Library (Library)
11:30 a.m.: VCS Chamber Band (Grange)
Noon: Lunch: Hot dogs, chips, milk & ice cream (Grange)
1 p.m.: African Drums (Grange)
2 p.m.: Laurie Graves, author presentation on her book, “Maya & the Book of Everything” Book Signing & 3 free give-aways of her book. Book also available to purchase. (Library)
3 p.m.: Craft: Duct tape wallets and bookmarks with Donna Martin of Maine Savings. (Library)
There are also free books for children at the library. All activities are free, including lunch. We hope you can join us! FMI contact the Vassalboro Community School Library at 923-4348 or the Vassalboro Public Library at 923-3233.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- 2019 Webber Pond Association takes on three controversial issues
- After 200 years, alewives set to return to China Lake
- ARI and Ladd Dam fishway update August 2019
- Vassalboro American Legion recognizes volunteer, donates to FD
- Lake Association Annual Meetings 2019
- Local production to benefit The Town Line
- Play in Vassalboro to benefit The Town Line newspaper
- An inside look at local volunteer fire departments
- Vassalboro Business Association announces scholarship recipients
- Retired principal honored at Vassalboro town meeting