Two major Vassalboro boards meet simultaneously Tuesday evening, March 6.
The Vassalboro School Board has scheduled a public informational meeting on plans to dissolve AOS (Alternative Educational Structure) #92 for 7 p.m. at Vassalboro Community School. The meeting will be preceded by a two-hour supper meeting to discuss 2018-19 budget requests; the budget discussion is also open to the public. A week later, on March 13, Vassalboro, Waterville and Winslow voters will vote on dissolving the AOS. Vassalboro polls will be open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. in the town office.
The Vassalboro Planning Board meets at 7 p.m. March 6 in the town office. Its agenda lists four applications:
- From Leo Barnett to add an indoor growing facility on his Old Meadow Road property, off Riverside Drive;
- From Joseph Presti III to dissolve the Country Way subdivision on Ilona Drive, off Crowell Hill Road;
- From Jeffery and Erica Bennett to build two residences in the shoreland zone on Sheafer Lane, both more than 100 feet from Webber Pond; and
- From Kevin Luczko for an automobile repair and sales business plus a beauty shop at 270 Main Street, on the south edge of East Vassalboro.
The Vassalboro Budget Committee was scheduled to meet March 6, but latest information from the town office is that the meeting has been canceled so budget committee members can attend the school board’s informational session.
The budget committee will meet at 7 p.m. Thursday, March 8, in the town office meeting room, after that evening’s selectmen’s meeting, scheduled for 6 p.m. The selectmen’s agenda includes a discussion with planning board members of proposed changes in Vassalboro’s building permit ordinance.
- Vassalboro board of appeals gives farm stand go ahead
- Vassalboro auditor happy with town finances, but not the school’s
- Vassalboro board of appeals schedules two meetings; Denico veggie stand, Welch permit
- Vassalboro selectmen appoint Conservation Commission member; award bulk waste contract
- Vegetable stand gets site approval in Vassalboro; still needs shoreland zoning permit
- Vassalboro proposed budget shows 0.90 mil rate increase
- Vassalboro selectmen work to finalize warrant for town meeting
- Vassalboro committee continues work on town budget
- Vassalboro town school officials work to lower school budget
- Vassalboro School board reviews unfinished 2018-19 budget