In preparation for Vassalboro’s June 3 annual town meeting and June 11 local elections, signed nomination papers for positions on the board of selectmen and the school board are due at the town office by noon Friday, April 12.
Selectmen are scheduled to review the proposed warrant for the June 3 open meeting at their April 18 meeting and to sign the final warrant at their May 2 meeting.
If residents intend to put a question on either ballot by petition, the signed petition must be in the town office by the respective deadline.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Vassalboro budget committee, selectmen agree on suggested expenditures
- Selectmen to ask MDOT for new sidewalks
- Vassalboro school superintendent presents zero percent budget
- Selectmen discuss proposed sewer fee increase with residents
- Selectmen discuss sidewalks, sewer fees, solid waste and dam management
- Declining enrollment could limit gains in state school subsidy
- Vassalboro selectmen ready to forward budget to committee
- Board begins preliminary school budget review
- Selectmen choose to ditch single-sort recycling; instead, put all in trash compactor
- Vassalboro town manager new MMA president