by Mary Grow
Vassalboro selectmen are scheduled to meet at 7 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 14, with an agenda that includes discussions with Codes Officer Richard Dolby.
Dolby has drafted revisions to the Building Permit Ordinance (last revised in 2012), which need selectmen’s review and ultimate approval by voters. He is also scheduled to talk about two ongoing violations of town land use ordinances.
Other items on the Dec. 14 agenda are final action to sell a foreclosed-upon subdivision on Ilona Drive, a report on the cost of mailing town meeting notices to voters, discussion of solid waste disposal and cemetery maintenance and a preliminary schedule for selectmen’s and budget committee deliberations in preparation for the June 2018 annual town meeting.
Vassalboro selectmen’s meetings are held in the town office meeting room and are open to the public.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Vassalboro town manager new MMA president
- Manager directed to continue talks with CMP over LED street lighting
- Old items, new one, on selectmen’s agenda
- Vassalboro revised lease sent to historical society
- Vassalboro town manager incoming MMA president
- Law enforcement tops selectmen’s agenda
- School board members continue information sharing
- Relations among town departments seem to be running smoothly
- Agreement approved with Hussey Communications to expand wireless internet
- Planners approve camp expansion on Webber Pond