Vassalboro selectmen will hold a special meeting at 10:30 a.m. Monday, Aug. 6, in the town office, primarily to set the 2018-19 tax rate. Board members have the option of discussing other matters.
Their next regular meeting is scheduled for 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 23. The agenda begins with a public hearing, as required under state law concerning dangerous buildings, to hear an update on conditions at Brock’s Mobile Home Park.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Relations among town departments seem to be running smoothly
- Agreement approved with Hussey Communications to expand wireless internet
- Planners approve camp expansion on Webber Pond
- Selectmen to open bids on tax-acquired lot; review emergency services, police
- Vassalboro selectmen postpone business due to chairman’s absence
- Better communication between agencies topic of Vassalboro selectmen’s meeting
- Vassalboro planners approve lone applicant
- Selectmen answer questions about recycling
- Webber Pond Association members tackle many subjects at annual meeting
- Selectmen set tax rate at 0.01545 mils