The Vassalboro Business Association will be sponsoring a fishing derby on Sunday, February 11, 2018. You don’t have to fish at all to win big with this derby!
However any fish entered between 1 and 5 p.m., must be accompanied by a pre-purchased raffle ticket. Many, many prizes will be raffled off at 5 p.m., at the Olde Mill, in North Vassalboro. A light supper cooked by Victor Esposito’s students will also be available for sale. Tickets are available at The Olde Mill Store, Maine Savings FCU, and the Vassalboro Town Office, or by calling 631-3303.
Proceeds this year will benefit the “Save the Mill” initiative!
On the same day, Sunday, February 11, from 10 a.m., the American Woolen Mill Urban Mountain Bike fundraiser will be hosted at the Mill. Two floors of indoor bike racing. This race will also benefit “Save the Mill.”
Major prizes are $300 from Duratherm Window Corp.; Golf for four with cart ($209), Natanis Golf Course; $100, FutureForest Logging; $100 Reliance Fire Pump Repair. There will many more donated prizes.
First, second and third place winners ($25, $15 & $10 respectively) in the fishing tournament: largemouth bass, sponsored by Bridget’s Place; smallmouth bass, The Country Store; white perch, Maine Savings Federal Credit Union; brown trout, Green Valley Campground; brook trout, New England Battery & Tire; splake, Pleau’s Market; salmon, China Lake Auto; togue, American Legion Post #126; pickerel, V-Town Paint Ball; Children 12 and under, non-winners of above, Attention 2 Detail Lawn Care. There will also be a $100 prize plus trophy for the largest fish, except northern pike.
Weigh-in time is 1-5 p.m. Refreshments will be available. Tickets are $1 each or 6 for $5 , one entry per ticket.
- Vassalboro selectmen to hear about LED lights; ARI update; department heads for budget discussions
- VASSALBORO: Planners approve two permit applications
- VASSALBORO: Town’s reserve funds likely not affected by stock market fluctuations
- VASSALBORO: Selectmen to bid out new alewives harvest contract
- VASSALBORO: Groups agree communications are good among agencies
- Vassalboro Selectmen to hear CEO, act on ongoing town land use violations
- Vassalboro: Planners approve new business, home
- Vassalboro: Residents hear update on ARI from speakers
- Vassalboro selectmen’s meeting canceled; rescheduled to December 14
- Garage expansion OK’d by Vassalboro planners